Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bookshelf Tour

This week on the Rebels our topic was a bookshelf tour. Which made me wonder what kind of books would be on your shelves. My books are just about everywhere around the house and I've got lots of shelves. Both of my boys each have their own big bookshelf too that's full of books. It's kind of insane. And then I've got tons of books in my classroom. I'm probably keeping the book industry afloat all by myself. (slight exaggeration)



And speaking of bookshelves and getting your books on the shelves, check out this interesting article.

Do you organize your books in any particular way?

7 comments:

Barbara Watson said...

What I keep on my bookshelf are my current favorite MGs! It makes me so happy to gaze at them, pluck one to re-read, or scour for writing inspiration.

Bish Denham said...

Well, my bookshelves are sort of organized by subject matter. Like all my fairy tale books are together, all my writing books are together, all the MG and YA are together, etc. In the living room hubby has a whole seven shelf book case devoted to his collection of scifi books. We have books everywhere.

Vijaya said...

I used to work in a library, so I organize fiction by author's name (and yes, they are separated by age group) and nonfiction by topic. We have way more NF than F. And we seriously need to give away more books. I already gave half away when we moved here, and I still miss some of those books. Sniff. However, I do live within walking distance to the library so it's not so terrible.

Anonymous said...

I love looking at other people's bookshelves.

My books are all crammed onto shelves, unorganized. When I finish any MG and YA I put them in my classroom library. I only have a few die-hard favorites that I've been keeping.

Marcia said...

Like Vijaya, I used to work in a library. However, I don't organize my books THAT carefully. I think I do more what Bish does. I realize it's basically how I organize everything: PRETTY organized, but not 100% by the, well, the book.

Jemi Fraser said...

I have a bazillion books too! My school books are ruthlessly organized by reading level, genre and authors. At home, not so much... I have one beautiful shelf a friend made for me. on that one, my pretty hardcovers are organized by size and colour! :)

Christina Farley said...

Your bookshelves sounds so lovely Jemi!